The municipality of Dugopolje has a system of infrastructurally integrated economic zones built on a traditional Dalmatian karst landscape, and these zone have become a sign of recognition for this area. In 1998, the cornerstone for this first entrepreneurial zone was laid, and to this day, together, the Podi, Podi west, Bani, Bani north and Krč zones represent a unique enterprise along the A1 Zagreb-Split-Dubrovnik motorway and the D1 Split-Solin-Klis-Dugopolje expressway. More than 80% of the space is planned for entrepreneurial development, while the rest is reserved for both residential and recreational sports zones. There are currently more than 90 facilities in the economic zones, in which about 200 companies operate with more than 3,000 employees.
What is located in the Podi economic zone?
- cafes and bars
- petrol stations
- currency exchange services
- clothing and shoe outlets
- furniture salons
- business space (office and warehouse)
- a hotel
- a polyclinic
- sports center and football stadium
- public bicycle system
What else is planned to be built in the Podi economic zone?
- a Farmer's Market featuring local produce
- a multi-purpose sports building as part of the „Hrvatski vitezovi“ sports center
- 2 football fields measuring 70 x 50 m with artificial turf as part of the „Hrvatski vitezovi“ sports center
- an educational (conference) hall located in the football stadium
- a bus station