The new parish church, St. Michael the Archangel, was built in 1983, not far from the old church.More
The parish church of St. Peter and Paul in Kotlenice was built in 1873 while don Stipe Šimunić was pastor. The church was built from carved, square stone on the site of the old church, the foundations of which were discovered during the restoration of the floor of the current church in 1980 while don Josip Delaš was pastor. In the same year, a thorough restoration of the entire church was carried out and an altar was set up facing the congregation, in front of another large, wooden altar with a statue of St. Peter. It is unknown when the old church was built. According to Archbishop Cupilli's above statement, it could be assumed that the first church existed even before the arrival of the Turks, which was restored before 1718, when Archbishop Cupilli mentions it.