The old parish church of St. Michael the Archangel is located in the local cemetery in Dugopolje. The church was completely restored in 1997.More
The new parish church, St. Michael the Archangel, was built in 1983, not far from the old church. The construction began in 1935 when don Mijo Kalebić was the pastor, and it was completed in 1938, when don Šimun Karaman was the pastor. The triple-nave building was made from large stone and measured 35 meters long, 19 meters wide and 15 meters high. The church was constructed from carved white stone in the shape of a Latin cross. At the front is an atrium with a large triumphal arch, which is reminiscent of St. Tryphon, the cathedral in Kotor. Its two bell towers, added in 1958 while don Špiro Vuković was pastor, look like stone pyramids. The bell towers are 33 metres high. The church is dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel, and the co-patron saint is St. Jerome. The design was drafted by architect Emilio Ciciliani, who also designed the church in neighboring Dicmo.