The new parish church, St. Michael the Archangel, was built in 1983, not far from the old church.More
The old parish church of St. Michael the Archangel is located in the local cemetery in Dugopolje. The church was completely restored in 1997, which was financed by the Municipality of Dugopolje and various donors. At the time, archaeological research was carried out and it was found that the church had been renovated several times. The dimensions of the church today are the same as they were in 1768, and in 1829, internal refurbishments were made. It cannot be determined with certainty when the first church was built on that site. Some records suggest that the first church was built before the Turks arrived in the Dalmatian hinterland, while some cartographers from the second half of the 16th century, in their drawings of Klis, include Dugopolje, but under the name of St. Michael, „S. Michel“ or «S. Michiel». The church was repaired, and perhaps upgraded, in 1700. In fact, the year 1700 is carved above the door.